Terms and Conditions
- These are the terms and conditions on which we supply to you the products sold via our website www.sophiederom.be
- Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. By placing an order with us, you agree to be bound by these terms.
Who we are and how to contact us
- We are Sophie Derom a company registered with Banque des Entreprises in Belgium. Our company registration number is BE 0763.773.842 and our address is 1 rue aux Laines, Brussels, Belgium. Our registered VAT number is 0763.773.842.
- You can contact us at +32 471 26 76 06 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address (or postal address) you provided to us in your order.
Our contract with you
- You may place an order for our products following the procedure on our website.
- Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you and we will not charge you.
- We have the right to suspend, cancel or refuse your order, in particular in cases where we have not yet received payment confirmation for the order from the bank, the data you communicated is manifestly erroneous or incomplete, the product requested is no longer available or when there is a dispute relating to the payment of a previous order.
- In case of unavailability of the product(s) after payment of the order, we shall inform you as soon as possible and give you the choice between a refund or a modification of your order.
- Price and Payment
- Our prices do not include the costs of delivery, which will be calculated separately during the order process and will vary depending on the mode and place of delivery and the type of product. Please note that non-EU customers may also incur import duties and taxes which are not included in our prices and will be paid by the purchaser.
- We accept payment via wire transfer and the following credit/debit cards: Mastercard, Visa, Visa Electron, Maestro, Bancontact, American Express, Shop Pay and Apple Pay.
- Due to the nature of our business, most of our stock has been used in a former life and may either be restored or has been preserved in a saleable condition. Our products have lived lives before and they will be subject to signs of aging and general wear. Whilst we make every effort to ensure our stock is sold in sound, safe and usable condition, all items are 'sold as seen'. As we are not the manufacturers, we cannot give any performance or safety guarantees. We advise you to conduct your own safety assessment.
- Once the payment is received, we will arrange for the delivery of the products. We can suspend delivery of the products if payements in full has not been received.
- The right of ownership of the products is transferred to you only after full payment of the order and after delivery of the products. This means that the product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us.
- In our acceptance email, we will provide you with an estimated delivery period. The delivery periods provided are for information purposes only and are not binding. A delay in the delivery of our products will not give rise to automatic compensation, termination of the contract, suspension of the customer’s obligations, or payment of damages.
- Immediately after receipt of the products, you must check the products and if a product arrives damaged it must be photographed and e-mailed to us within 48 hours.
- We will deliver the products to the address you gave us during the order process. We will not accept a postal box address.
- If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the products cannot be posted through your letterbox, we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot. If you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs.
- Refunds and Returns
- Change of Mind. We offer a full refund, excluding delivery and return shipping costs for a product you wish to return provided: (i) you notify us of the return in writing within 14 days from the date of delivery of the products or notification of their availability at the collection point provided for, (ii) you return the product to us within 25 days from the date of delivery of the products or notification of their availability at the collection point provided for and (iii) you did not wear or use the product you wish to return. In the event of non-compliance with these terms, the Customer is deemed have to permanently abandon his right of withdrawal.
- We will refund your order, including shipping costs (delivery and/or return) (if applicable), at the request of either party, if:
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product or a change of these terms and you do not wish to proceed;
- we have told you the product is no longer available and you do not wish to modify your order with another item;
- the products are significantly delayed because of events outside our control.
- you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
- we have mistakenly delivered to you the wrong product.
- the product you receive is faulty and you notified us of this issue within 48h of delivery.
- How to Return and modalities of Refund
- Please notify us of the return by emailing us at email@example.com. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- You must return our products to 1, rue aux Laines, Brussels, Belgium
- You must return the product(s) in perfect condition in its / their original packaging.
- We will refund you the price you paid for the products, excluding delivery and return costs, by the method you used for payment. We will not deduct the delivery and return shipping costs if you return the product pursuant to clause [7.2].
- We do not offer refunds for products that have been customised or clearly personalised for the customers (e.g. re-sized ring)
- If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer which is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill , but we are not responsible for any loss or damage which is not foreseeable.
- We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
How we may use your personal information
11. Other Important terms
- Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us from taking steps against you at a later date.
- These terms and conditions are governed by Belgian law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products only in Belgian courts.